Not in Asia anymore

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Overcoming Language Barriers


We have a strict no Chinese policy in our classes and so the kids come up with all sorts of ways to tell you what they mean....

On one of my last days with my baby classes (I've since taken on an adult ESL class and had to give my babies up), Titus, featured above, gave me one of those priceless teaching moments that convince you that real life is inifinitely more entertaining than movies and sitcoms and that these absolute little personalities are the best of the bunch.

He was all like-- Teacha Teacha my tummy is so ouch!
Me-- Titus, what's wrong? Do you need to go to the bathroom?
(Titus shakes his head)-- No, no. But Teacha, my stomach is so this! So ouch!
Me-- Well, Titus, I can't really do anything about it, but if you need to, you can go to the bathroom.
Titus: No Teacher, it's this

At this point, Titus squats down, holds both arms stiffly to his sides, and says, "Teacha I can't this"--squints up his eyes and lets out an extended grunt.

I about died. And then I told him he should eat more fruit.


Stay posted for pictures of all my A1 darlings. There are some favorites.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home